Complaints in regards to your travels are the something that no one traveling ever wants to have to deal with. We work hard to earn enough money and enough time to take a holiday and the last thing any of us wants to deal with is complaints. From airlines to hotels, scam artists to the weather, below is a list of the 10 top travel complaints in regards to the airlines. Learn what to watch for so that you can avoid complaints when you travel.
- Canceled or delayed flights – Including those related to the weather as well as plane issues
- Baggage Complaints – This includes lost damaged and delayed luggage complaints as well as complaints in regard to the excess fees.
- Tickets and reservations – Including mistakes in reference to reservations and obtaining tickets.
- Customer Service – No one likes to be treated badly or put off, which makes it easy to understand why customer service ranks high. Including cabin assistance or a lack thereof as well as general treatment.
- Lack of refunds – Though many people will purchase insurance to avoid this issue, for others a big complaint is dealing with not only just lack of a refund in case of a delayed or missed fligh but also issues including fare adjustments or lost tickets as well.
- Disability assistance – Despite training, complaints in regard to the disabled still ranked as a top ten complaint made by travelers.
- Overselling of flights – This has actually become a larger problem as of late. With the cost of gas and flights in general continuing to rise, airlines almost always overbook busy flights in an effort to ensure that all seats are full. This is not a big deal if you already have your seat reserved however, if not, you are in jeopardy of losing your seat. You must arrive early and make sure your seat is there for you or risk losing it. Despite promised money or reservations for those who agree to take a later flight, some people do not have the option to do this, so make sure you arrive on time and pay attention or you may suffer the consequences.
- Fares – This includes complaints such as overpricing, and incomplete information regarding fares, though with the new changes, you may expect to see fewer complaints in reference to that complaint.
- Other issues – From seats being to small to not enough space in the overhead compartments, other miscellaneous issues make up a number of complaints as well.
- Discrimination – Not a big complaint, but it still happens, discrimination can certainly be a cause for unhappiness for travelers. If you are discriminated against, be sure to file a complaint with the right department so that others can avoid similar circumstances in the future.
Tradewinds Vacations invites you to learn more about complaints, scams and other issues regarding your vacations. Learn what to watch for, what to avoid and even more about the top destinations and reviews as well. Learn about travel and make the most of your journeys from Tradewinds Vacations.