With times tough for many around the nation, travel has become an art form. Not wanting to give up our freedom to travel and explore the world around us, many of us have instead chosen to change our plans rather than forgoing them all together. Keeping this in mind, many of the U.S. more popular destinations have been offering their own assistance in this endeavor.
Cities like New York, who already offer some of the most well known and popular destinations for travelers of all ages have found even more of a way to encourage travel to the area. Offering free or nearly free destinations as well as destinations that are suggested donations or at reduced costs, New York city has plenty for visitors of all ages and interest and at a cost that is much more affordable.
Some Of The City’s Top Free or Nearly Free Sites
- Metropolitan Museum of Art – Cost – Recommended prices range from 12 to 25$. In addition, the museum participates in programs that include free admission for children.
- American Museum of Natural History – Cost – Recommend 14.50 to 19$. Must pay full price online. May choose to pay less by visiting the admissions desk.
Other sites that may allow you to pay less include:
- Brooklyn Museum
- Studio Museum in Harlem
- Museum of Biblical Art
- P.S. 1 MoMA
- el Museo del Barrio
In addition, below is a list of always free museums in New York City:
- African Burial Ground Memorial Site
- Federal Hall
- Federal Reserve Bank of NY
- Fisher Landau Center for Art
- Forbes Galleries
- General Grant National Memorial
- The Grolier Club
- Harbor Defense Museum of Fort Hamilton
- Herbert and Eileen Bernard Museum of Judaica
- Hispanic Society of America
- Maritime Industry Museum at the State University of NY
- Museum at the Fashion Institute of Technology
- National Museum of the American Indian
- NY Transit Museum Annex at Grand Central Terminal
- Nicholas Roerich Museum
- Queens County Farm Museum
- Scandinavia House
- Society of Illustrators’ Museum of American Illustration
- Socrates Sculpture Park
- Theodore Roosevelt Birthplace
- Bldg 92/Brooklyn Navy Yard Museum
Other Ways To Save
The CityPass – Includes access to 6 attractions in New York for a savings of up to 44%
The New York Pass – Pay in advance to top sites to avoid lines and save on entry fees as well as value items.
New York Explorer Pass – Saves up to 45% off regular admissions.
Review Topics On Travel With Tradewinds Vacations
Tradewinds Vacations wishes you happy travels. Learn how you can save on travel by learning more about your destination before you go. Use your knowledge and a little bit of time to find ways for you and your family to continue to enjoy all your vacations.
If you have tips to share on how you save money while you travel, Tradewinds Vacations welcomes your tips and advice as well. Learn with us and enjoy your vacations more.